At Cabrini, we have learned that strong partnerships are an effective way to harness the energy, wisdom and expertise necessary to overturn injustice, disadvantage and powerlessness. We have a range of social outreach partnerships in place including Cabrini Ministries, Swaziland, Africa. Cabrini Ministries has been a trusted presence in Swaziland since 1971. Sr Barbara Staley MSC, who is a member of the Cabrini Board of Directors in Australia, is Director of Child Care and Administrative Services (Finance) at Cabrini Ministries Swaziland. For more information visit http://www.cabriniministries.org/
- Swaziland is at the epicentre of the global HIV-AIDS crisis
- More than one in four adults (26 per cent) in Swaziland is infected with HIV-AIDS
- Swaziland has the highest rate of HIV-AIDS infection in the world
- Cabrini Ministries reaches out to more than 25,000 people in south-eastern Swaziland, providing tests and treatment for HIV-AIDS and TB
- 450 orphans and vulnerable children (including 115 who live at the St Phillip’s Mission Hostel operated by Cabrini Ministries) are receiving food, clothing, healthcare, education and psycho-social support.