We are improving our listening skills via Cabrini’s Patient and Family Register and we are looking for volunteers to assist us. The Cabrini Patient and Family Register helps us to obtain formal feedback about Cabrini’s plans and services.
If you are a past patient, carer or family member, who has had direct experience of Cabrini’s care and would like to make a difference to our health service, we are keen to hear from you.
Choose how you participate
You can choose how you participate, depending on your interests and the time you have available. Members of the Cabrini Patient and Family Register will provide feedback/input in a range of ways, such as:
- providing feedback about patient information such as brochures
- participating in surveys, focus groups or community consultations
- participating in special interest working groups or committees
How the register works
As a member of the Cabrini Patient and Family Register, you will receive invitations to participate as opportunities arise and you can choose to accept or decline any offers to participate. Your details will not be given to anyone other than the Cabrini staff involved with the register.
- Members participate on a voluntary basis for a period of up to two years.
- You will receive regular communications from us, such as the quarterly Cabrini community newsletter called ‘Connect’ and invitations to special events such as open days.
- At any time you can ask to be removed from the Patient and Family Register by contacting the Patient Experience department via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why we are doing it?
At Cabrini, we want to work with our patients, residents, carers and community members, to help us improve our services to achieve our vision of being ‘the first choice for care’. There is significant evidence that consumer participation leads to improvements in the quality, safety and accessibility of healthcare services.
We are committed to promoting and strengthening patient and family participation across the organisation, in order to improve patient care and services, increase satisfaction among patients and families and improve our responsiveness to patients, families/carers and community members.
Who can join the register?
To join the Cabrini Patient and Family Register, you must be:
- Aged 18 years or older
- Have personal direct/indirect experience of using Cabrini’s services
- Have a particular interest in healthcare
- Able to contribute constructively towards improving the quality and accessibility of Cabrini’s services
- Not directly/professionally involved in healthcare services
- Willing to contribute on a voluntary basis
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement
- Willing to attend an interview if you elect ‘face to face’ meetings as your preferred method of participation
Who can’t join the register?
Employees of Cabrini, registered health care providers and people who are currently or have recently been employed or engaged in the provision of health services are not eligible for appointment to the Patient and Family Register. This is because the idea of the Cabrini Patient and Family Register is to provide the perspective held by the people on the receiving end of our services.
How do I get more information?
For more information about the Cabrini Patient and Family Register, please email us at email@example.com or download our information brochure below.
Cabrini Patient and Family Register brochure