What to bring:
Patients wear day clothes for therapy. One of the aims of rehabilitation is to develop a normal routine based on the activities of daily living. We therefore ask you to bring the following items with you for your stay with us:
- A tracksuit or comfortable slacks/trousers
- Supportive fitting shoes, (no thongs or scuffs)
- Changes of clothing, including underwear
- Swimwear (for hydrotherapy)
- Night clothes, dressing gown and slippers
- Toiletries, brush, comb and tissues
- All current medications and current prescriptions from home (no dosettes or blisterpacks)
- X-rays requested by your doctor
- Health cards and private heath fund details
- Medicare card
- Pension card/DVA card
- Equipment such as personalised walking aids, splints, orthotics etc
Please do not bring valuables or large sums of money with you, as the hospital has no facilities for safe keeping and will not accept responsibility for loss or damage.
Visiting hours are 8am to 8pm seven days a week. However, depending on individual needs there is the flexibility for visitors to stay beyond 8pm. Patients will be given a schedule highlighting their sessions and the start of their stay and we ask that family and friends avoid visiting during these times to ensure focus on the patient's therapy.
Direct line telephones, TV, radio and Wi Fi are in all rooms. STD calls, ISD and mobile telephone calls will be charged to your account. Access to newspapers and pharmacy is available on a daily basis.
How long will I stay?
Your length of stay will be determined by the treating rehabilitation consultant based on your individual needs and goals. You may commence an outpatient program after going home
How much will I pay?
Check with your private health fund if you have rehabilitation cover. They will also advise you if any co payments are required.
- Patients are responsible for their own personal laundry. Unfortunately, we are not able to launder patients' clothing except in special circumstances where a fee will apply. Please speak to our friendly staff if you have questions regarding laundry
- Hairdressing is available by appointment via the nurses’ station
- Electrical appliances should not be brought into the hospital without prior approval, and on these occasions tested by the hospital electrician where a charge will be incurred