Established in 1999, the Cabrini Institute is the collective name for the numerous researchers and education providers who work at Cabrini.
The Institute houses the;
- Cabrini Monash Clinical School
- Cabrini Monash University Department of Surgery, The Frölich West Chair of Surgery
- Monash Department of Clinical Epidemiology at Cabrini Hospital
- Cabrini Monash University Department of Medical Oncology, the Szalmuk Family Department of Medical Oncology
- Cabrini Monash University Department of Medicine
- Cabrini Centre for Nursing Research
- Szalmuk Family Psycho-oncology Unit
- Allied Health Research Unit
- Cabrini Human Research Ethics Committee
- Foundation 49
- Let’s Beat Bowel Cancer.
We support a wide range of research and education activities across Cabrini Health, as well as health promotion activities on behalf of the organisation. Senior medical staff and researchers oversee a diverse research program and clinical education.
Research areas include arthritis, back pain, cancer, care of the elderly, health literacy, medicine, nursing, patient safety and surgery.
The Cabrini Institute plays a significant role in the education of our young health professionals.
Cabrini Institute Mission
The Cabrini Institute is committed to improving the clinical outcomes of patients of Cabrini. It embraces the mission, values and vision of Cabrini and works within an ethical framework. The Cabrini Institute has a vital role in helping Cabrini to achieve its vision – that is:
“By understanding and addressing the needs of our community, we will grow by learning – by researching and continuously improving the quality of our care and by motivating staff committed to our health care mission to provide excellence in all of our services . . . we will enhance health and quality of life by working with our patients and their families to anticipate, prevent and ease suffering.”
Contact UsCabrini Institute
154 Wattletree Road
Malvern Victoria 3144
P: 03 9508 3434
F: 03 9508 3405