Cabrini Maternity COVID-19 FAQs
To help minimise the risk of infection transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19) to our maternity patients and their babies, Cabrini has implemented the below processes:
Labour and maternity ward visitation
- Women may have one support person with them during labour and birth (including caesarean sections), with no time restrictions.
- That same support person may also stay in the postnatal ward, with no time restrictions.
- If the support person leaves the hospital for any reason, they are then able to return to visit for two hours a day.
- The support person must be the same person for the duration of a patient’s stay.
- No other visitors are allowed to visit the maternity ward at this time, including siblings.
- The support person must adhere to all processes in place as part of Cabrini’s response to COVID-19. If a support person presents with any COVID-19 signs on admission, or develops symptoms while in attendance at Cabrini, they will be asked to leave and be tested for COVID-19. They are unable to return to Cabrini unless they receive a negative result.
Presenting to hospital
Current maternity patients are to phone the delivery suite on (03) 9508 1261 prior to presenting to hospital for monitoring or medical treatment. Please note that due to the current restrictions, partners are unable to accompany the patient to Cabrini for antenatal visits, CTGs or ECVs.
Maternity classes and tours
Have been cancelled until further notice. We are providing online antenatal classes – all booked patients will receive access to these classes via email during their third trimester. Refunds will be provided if you have made a purchase and these can be organised by phoning the Maternity Bookings Office on (03) 9508 1724 (Mon–Fri, 9am-3pm) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 testing at Cabrini
- In line with DHHS advice, Cabrini patients need to be tested for COVID-19 prior to surgery.
- This includes maternity patients who are booked in for caesarean sections.
- Partners do not require testing at present.
- A drive-through testing clinic has been set up in the Cabrini car park, on the corner of Wattletree Rd and Coonil Cres (opposite the hospital’s main entrance at 183 Wattletree Rd) and is open from 7am – 6pm daily. The Cabrini COVID-19 pre-operative testing clinic can be contacted on (03) 9508 1312.
- There is no charge for pre-operative testing.
- After undergoing screening, patients are required to self-isolate until their surgery.
- If your test is COVID-19 positive, Cabrini staff will notify you and work through the next steps.
Flower and food deliveries
Cabrini has recommenced accepting flower deliveries to our hospitals, palliative care and aged care facility, however food deliveries remain suspended. Please check our flower and food deliveries page for further updates about this.
If you need any further information throughout your pregnancy, please phone our Maternity Bookings Office on (03) 9508 1724 (Mon–Fri, 9am-3pm) or email email@example.com