About our chronic disease programs
At Cabrini, we are committed to helping our patients with chronic conditions live their lives to their fullest potential, by empowering them with information, connecting them to vital services and providing tailored care.
Our programs are designed to help people become more independent and improve their physical and emotional health. We provide a continuity of care following a hospital stay, to speed up recovery and prevent unnecessary re-admissions. This includes:
- Engaging and communicating with patients when they are in hospital
- Connecting patients with our rehabilitation programs
- Helping with transfers to accommodation such as rehabilitation, respite or aged care after a hospital stay
- Implementing long-term programs that allow patients to self-manage their condition
- Linking patients with community services to support them when they return home
Depending on your clinical needs, some services may be provided to you in hospital, out of hospital or in the comfort of your home. Your specialist and our team of health professionals will assess you and decide the best option for you. In the more advanced stage of illness, care can be provided at home through Cabrini’s Palliative and Supportive Care home service.