About our pathology services
Cabrini Pathology was the first pathology service established in a Victorian private hospital in 1958. Our laboratory now employs over 100 staff, either working within the laboratory or as part of the collection service.
Our primary focus is the provision of a quality diagnostic service to Cabrini inpatients and onsite consultants, with the laboratory providing expertise in Biochemistry, Blood Bank Serology, Cytology, Haematology, Histology, Immunology, Microbiology and Serology.
For over 30 years the pathology service has been successfully operated in partnership with Melbourne Pathology and makes a significant financial contribution to the revenue of Cabrini Health which is then reinvested in patient services and facilities.
Cabrini Pathology’s laboratory service includes:
- Onsite routine and emergency diagnostic testing for inpatients and outpatients
- All areas of pathology testing
- Rapid turnaround time for most routine pathology results
- Direct clinical consultations available for interpretation and advice on results
General services include:
- Pathology services to all Cabrini campuses
- Results available in a range of formats including electronic download and fax
- Home visiting service for specimen collection
- Preoperative testing up to 28 days prior to surgery