Check your insurance details
- If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund to confirm that your admission is covered, and if there are any co-payments/excess which may apply to this admission
- If you have a compensation claim such as WorkCover or TAC, please confirm your entitlement for this admission with your insurer
- If you are uninsured or self-insured, please contact Patient Services Cabrini Malvern on (03) 9508 1466 or Cabrini Brighton on (03) 9508 8670 for an estimate of costs for hospitalisation which is payable on admission
- Please ask your doctor to explain the medical fees which may incur
Preadmission telephone interview
- A preadmission telephone interview is required for all surgical patients who are staying overnight at our Malvern and Brighton hospitals
- If you are undergoing complex surgery, you may also need to visit the Preadmission Clinic where a family member is welcome to accompany you
- Our preadmission team will provide you with information about your forthcoming hospital stay and help plan for your return home
- Your doctor will confirm your admission time and advise you of any special instructions, fasting and medications prior to surgery
- Interpreters may be arranged through the nursing staff. Please notify Cabrini prior to admission if you need an interpreter
A Cabrini midwife will contact you with information about our maternity services including childbirth education, breastfeeding clinic and domiciliary midwifery services.
We know that admission to hospital can be stressful. Please use this checklist below to ensure your admission is as smooth as possible and you have everything you need.
Please be aware there may be out of pocket or unforeseen expenses that are required to be paid on admission or prior to discharge.
A note about personal belongings and valuables
Cabrini strongly discourages bringing valuables and unnecessary personal belongings into hospital during your stay. You are responsible for the safekeeping of your valuables and personal belongings (including personal aids) at all times and keep them in hospital at your own risk. Cabrini will not accept responsibility for the theft, loss or damage to any valuables or personal belongings (including personal aids).